Outgoing Domestic Wires
For your convenience, we offer two methods of sending domestic wire transfers: in-person in our branches or through our eWires service within Digital Banking. In-person wire requests have an extra fee associated with it.
Please make sure you have the following instructions before you request a wire domestic wire transfer in-person or through Digital Banking:
- Your name and signature
- Your BFSFCU checking account number
- Date of the requested transfer
- Dollar amount of the transfer
- Beneficiary information, including name, address, account number, receiving bank’s name and address, receiving bank’s ABA/Routing Number, and the receiving bank’s
- ID code (BIC, CHIPS, or SWIFT code)
- The purpose of your transfer. (This is required to complete your request)
If you have an urgent wire transfer request, please visit one of our branches by 2 pm on any normal business day to have the request expedited.
Incoming Domestic Wires
When receiving a domestic wire, please provide the sending institution with the following information:
Wire funds to:
- Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union
- Washington, DC
- ABA (Routing and Transit) Number: 254074170
For credit to:
- Recipient’s name
- Recipient’s Credit Union account number
Make sure your eWire service is activated
To protect your accounts, you need to activate your eWires service before using it for the first time or if you have not used it for the past 12 months. To activate it, please call BFSFCU at (202) 212-6400 or toll-free at 1-800-9-BFSFCU.
Calling from overseas? See our list of international toll free numbers.
To protect your accounts, BFSFCU has significant security procedures in place for wire transfer requests. Additional verification and documentation may be requested as needed. Examples include the sender’s specific occupation and verification related to the source of funds and specific purpose provided.